Democrat for City Council
I am running for City Council because government should be accessible to all, particularly in a time of recovery from COVID-19. This includes racial, social, and budget equity.
Key Issues for Lower Manhattan
- Preserving and Securing Affordable Housing: now more than ever, having a safe place to call home is essential. As we continue to battle income inequality, saving existing affordable units, including NYCHA is a priority.
- Protecting Our Social Safety Net: human services programs are lifelines for so many families. From UPK to adequately funding our public schools, immigrant services to senior services, investing in essential services keeps our communities strong.
- Support Small Businesses: Decimated by the pandemic, our small businesses are the key to neighborhood stability. We must provide support for small businesses, foster opportunities for local entrepreneurship, and develop a network of local good wage jobs.
Gigi Li’s pledge to support a clean campaign finance system and to combat public corruption
- Gigi will accept big and small donations from community members! Thank you for your support!
- Gigi will not accept contributions from real estate developers or anyone employed at a real estate development firm.
- Gigi will not accept contributions from anyone employed at a lobbying firm.
- Gigi will not accept contributions from corporate political action committees (PACs).
- Gigi will not accept contributions from police unions.